PDA

Orijinalini görmek için tıklayınız : Queen's Questions

admin
21 Şubat 2023, 21:27
Author's Note: Thank you all for your patience; and your comments. All is appreciated and welcomed.

The story is fictional. It contains mainly F/F action as well as a plot that I hope you'll enjoy. It's a slow-churned piece and thus, gratification is everything but instant. Also, do check out the previous chapters if you want more juice on the characters. They're not listed in order but the titles are sequential as follows: (WIT)At First, Blind Borne, Escapade, Felon Failing Fallen, Just Juxtapose, Material Martyr and Nosh Nothings, and Queens Question.

That said, do enjoy the story. Please don't forget to comment....it really does help the process 8D

TMAJO

There's always more to come.

Previously...

Dropping under the radar was easy seeing as they were never even on it. Mavin dropped Zeke at one of her apartments in the City with just a vague request for him to head back to the family house if he didn't hear from her by midnight. He'd argued that they were better off together where they could watch out for each other. Mavin had told him not to worry. It was too early for him to be worried. She had said a quick farewell and speed off to parts unknown, leaving Zeke to trudge up the snowy sidewalk heading to the apartment building.

It was only about two hours to midnight, and waiting for Mavin wouldn't necessarily be difficult. He walked up the lobby and into the elevator. The apartment was in pristine condition, very unusual for Mavin's busy bee habits. He stripped down and began his own meticulous pre-bedtime routine.

Mavin burned rubber despite the icy roads. Within minutes she was back at the twins' crib. She hadn't even sucked in the warm air from within the duo's lair when they came bursting at her.

"Man oh man, do we have news for you!" They said together and Mavin felt her blood stopping in its many tracks.

The tall butch sat silent for about five minutes. There were still so many unanswered questions.

'How could you?' Came to mind.

'Why?' was next in line.

'I thought we had a common trust.' Was a lofty successor.

Point blank, none seemed appropriate. She knew deep down that given the twins' predilection for underhand business deals, she couldn't put it past them that they'd do something like this. Still, she couldn't help but feel immensely irked.

In a flash, the twins had berretta barrels aimed at their heads. Before she could even think, her fingers were stroking the triggers; a gun in each hand. The twins didn't freak out and she didn't seriously expect them to.

Sian spoke first in that high, smooth, voice of reason. "Wait Mavin, and think about this; it won't solve anything."

Sam chimed in next. "Yeah man, you need our help."

"I know." Mavin replied with amazement in her tone, "But I can't help but wonder why you want to help me when your primary motive is very clearly, to help yourself, even at my expense."

"Mavin, it was just business."

"No Sian, it was personal," Mavin muttered under her breath "personal though irrelevant at this point in time."

"So why do you care?" Sam voiced, leery of the cold gun kissing her face.

"How much?" Mavin asked detachedly.

"What?"

"How much fucking money did you get for it?" Mavin spat. Zero to sixty in 2.5.

"750." Sian answered, disarming and sweet.

"Just...like...that." Mavin sneered.

"Yes, Mavin just like that." Sian sighed.

"And what did you do with it?" Mavin whispered.

"Look around doc. You're swimming in it." Sam chuckled despite herself.

Mavin tilted her wrist and fired a bullet in a wayward direction. The bullet hit a server stack and it overloaded in a crackly ruckus. "I promise you Sam, the next one won't be a miss."

"Fuck it Mave! That was expensive hardware!!" Sam shouted.

"You sold my past to the highest bidder!!!" Mavin thundered back.

"It was immaterial and can't be corroborated!!!!" Sam screamed.

"So you're an expert on my past now?!!!!" Mavin bellowed.

"Both of you quit it!" Sian fumed. "Mavin, I'm sorry for what happened and we should have told you sooner especially if we ever thought it could be used against you. But the fact of the matter is, it's already out there and someone was willing to shell out for it."

"Who- And I swear if you give me some bullshit about protecting privacy, I'll fill your skull with lead." Mavin said through her teeth. "Who bought it?"

"We only know the representative of the buyer. Her name was Natalia Wolff."

"Was?" Mavin's eyes narrowed to slits.

"She's dead." The twins said together.

"What?" Mavin scoffed, holding the Berettas firm.

"She had some sticky deals with the Russian mob." Sian explained casually; rolling her eyes at the memory.

Mavin pulled her guns down and absorbed the information. "You have exactly 12 hours to find out where it is."

"Fine, what are you going to do about Montgomery?"

"I'm going to see the Senator. You need to keep an eye on Horizon