PDA

Orijinalini görmek için tıklayınız : The First Day of Summer

admin
13 Ağustos 2023, 20:53
I was idling my '57 convertible at the curb in front of Southwest High School. I was in a no parking zone but at the end of the school day everyone waited there to do pick ups. That's what I was doing. Waiting for Patty Yates, an eighteen year old beauty, to offer her a ride home on the last day of school.

I pick her up once a week or so. She never knows when but she has always accepted the ride. I looked straight up into the sky, it was a brilliant blue and a rare site, clear of a single cloud. Normally By early June you can expect blackening skies and thunderstorms by late afternoon here in south Florida.

Ah, top down, bright sunshine, temperature in the upper eighties. Then the bell rang, and hopefully, a beautiful young girl to share it with, I thought. My name is Robert, Bobby to most everyone I know. I'm twenty-two and for the last four years since graduation I have been living near by in an apartment complex, working nights as a motel clerk and taking classes at the community college. I'm nearly six feet tall, a hundred and eighty pounds and quite the handsome fellow, if I do say so.

I spied Patty as soon as she exited the front door of the school building. Also tall and lean with long legs showing from under a short skirt. A plain white tee shirt and white knee socks with black loafers completed her outfit. She was looking straight at either the red convertible or me and that was a good sign. She must have been hoping I would be there.

"Hi." Was all she said as she stood beside the car.

"Hi? That's all I get for coming by to give you a ride home on the last day of school?" I grinned at her.

"Bobby, I thought we decided we shouldn't see each other anymore?"

"I thing you decided that, not me." I said. "Get in."

'I think I'll walk today. It's such a beautiful day." She had pulled back and started to turn away.

"Patty." She stopped. "Get in." she didn't move. "I'll take you home, I promise."

She slowing returned, opened the passenger door and slid into the seat. Her hands were trying to keep her skirt from riding up too high but from my vantage point, it wasn't working. I pulled away from the curb and turned right into McFarlane road. Patty immediately turned to me and said. "This isn't the way, stop the car."

"Were just going to stop at A