PDA

Orijinalini görmek için tıklayınız : Switching Sides Ch. 03

admin
31 Ocak 2022, 16:32
From Rome I sailed east across the Mediterranean on a small merchant ship that took on a limited number of passengers. In booking the voyage, my travel agent, Peter Phillips, had said that these vessels plying the inner seas of Europe were every bit as comfortable and accommodating as the cruise lines were?and a good bit cheaper. He said that, with fewer passengers aboard, it was easier to get to know them. He proved to be right about that, and I'm glad he'd remembered how little I liked to fly and avoided it whenever possible. He also made side remarks about the male-male sex that could be easily found among fit sailors on these vessels, saying, "They spend so much time at sea with just each other for entertainment, and some of them go to sea just because of that," but I was so worn out in that department from Rome that I, initially, at least, didn't give that a thought for two days outbound from Italy.
What the slower progress across the Mediterranean did for me was that it gave me time to think. The last six months had been such a whirlwind of momentous decisions and hurried planning that I hadn't had time to think about what I was doing, and every time I paused for a breath and to weigh my options, Peter was there with his own form of answers and I just gave in to them. Here, on the freighter, I had all the time in the world to review what I was sailing toward and the new lifestyle I was being propelled into.
Peter had pumped me for what I wanted to do and where I wanted to do it in the wake of my split from Caroline.

"I really do enjoy running the B and a second one, in the mountainous area inland from Kusadasi, would, I thought, make a great mountain retreat and short-term rental property?once it no longer wasn't a mere gutted stone shell. The third property, larger and in the old town of Kusadasi itself, needed updating, but I could live there while it was being turned into an eight-bedroom, luxury guest house. That would be my answer to a B